Waves Enterprise blockchain platform Documentation¶
The Waves Enterprise blockchain platform is a comprehensive distributed ledger system that allows the formation of both public and private blockchain networks to solve various tasks, including those in the corporate and public sectors.
What is blockchain?
Blockchain is a continuous consequent chain of linked blocks that contain some information. This chain is replenished with new blocks. The process of new blocks creation is called mining. Each block contains a hash sum of the previous block data. This makes it impossible to change the content of any block after its broadcasting in the network, because it requires modification of all chain blocks at all the nodes of the blockchain.
At the corporate level, the blockchain technology is used for development of distributed ledger systems. A distributed ledger system does not have a unified control center, its data are stored simultaneously at all nodes of a network. In order to update data, consensus algorithms are used that automatically confirm that all network nodes have the same data copy.
Such a system provides security of transferred data and resolves the problem of trust between the network participants.
What is the Waves Enterprise blockchain platform designed for?
The Waves Enterprise blockchain platform allows to perform a wide range of business and public tasks:
Workflow speed-up due to authomatization of business processes and lower number of mediators.
Protection of data from external modification with the use of encryption and multi-level check of every operation within the network.
Business applications of any complexity due to wide opportunities of smart contract development and comfortable blockchain integration tools.
Achievement of mutual trust between participant of business workflow due to guaranteed acceptance of majority opinion in the de-centralized network.
Learn more about private projects based on the Waves Enterprise blockchain platform at our official website.
- System requirements
- Licenses of the Waves Enterprise blockchain platform
- Deploying the platform in the trial mode (Sandbox)
- Deploying a platform with connection to Mainnet
- Deployment of the platform in a private network
- Examples of node configuration files
- gRPC tools
- REST API methods
- Development and usage of smart contracts
- Confidential data exchange
- Permission management
- Connection and removing of nodes
- Node start with a snapshot
- Waves-NG blockchain protocol
- Data immutability in a blockchain
- Tokens of the Waves Enterprise blockchain platform
- Connection of a new node to blockchain network
- Activation of blockchain features
- Smart contracts
- Handling tokens from a smart contract
- Development and installation of smart contracts
- Call of a smart contract and saving of results of its operation
- Restriction of smart contract calls
- Updating of smart contracts
- Validation of smart contracts
- Parallel operation of smart contracts
- API methods available for smart contracts
- Transactions of the blockchain platform
- Atomic transactions
- Consensus algorithms
- Authorization and data services
- Differences between the opensource and the commercial versions of the Waves Enterprise blockchain platform
- External components of the platform